RMS Locotec launches low emissions shunting solution partnership
RMS Locotec and Loram have partnered to launch an innovative low emissions shunting solution at Loram’s Derby base.
RMS Locotec and Loram have partnered to launch an innovative low emissions shunting solution at Loram’s Derby base. HVO diesel fuel saves upto 90% of harmful CO2 emissions and RMS has successfully trialled HVO fuel at one of it’s engineering sites and has now launched the product to the industry. The remaining 10% of CO2 emissions during the shunting operations are being offset by the purchase of Carbon Credits.
RMS has a large fleet of shunting locomotives many of which have undergone overhauls and upgrades including new electronic battery regulators, cab upgrades, repainting and customer rebranding.
The picture below shows 08756 at Derby which has been branded for the competition to host the new headquarters of Great British Railways proposed by Derby City Council and supported by both Loram and RMS Locotec.
Wednesday August 10th, 2022 02:39pm